Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pulled Barbecue Pork

Another week has flown by and I haven't posted any of the delicious things that we have made for dinner! This post is a simple one. A crockpot delicacy, if you will. I needed something quick and easy tonight. The crockpot is one of my favorite cooking tools! It makes life so easy (especially when the rest of life is going a million miles a minute.) Let's face it, although we would all like to cook a nice gourmet meal every night, reality is that few of us have the time or the energy. With a 11 month old daughter, extra time is non-existent for me! So tonight is a simple 2 step meal.

Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Ingredients:
- Pork Loin (I used 2lbs)
- Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce (1 small container, about 2 cups)

Directions:
Place pork loin in crockpot and place on high until pork falls apart (4-5hours). I like to add a splash (1/3 cup) of beef stock or water to help the pork stay moist. Pull meet apart with a fork. Once pork has fallen apart add barbecue sauce to taste. I like to use the Sweet Baby Rays as it is my favorite, but use any flavor that you like.

Serve on a fresh bun.

I bought some barley at the store today. I haven't ever cooked with barley, so I am hoping to add a new recipe to the menu and have something exciting to blog about next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment